One of the
hazards benefits of having a
webmaster who is paranoid concerned about privacy is the
in mind that the Official Am-Am!! Officials are just starting to recover from
moving 700 miles into the boonies.
Last updated 11-JUL-2004.
quick energy boost to pack two more book boxes.
- The Official Am-Am!! website collects e-mail addresses
for the purposes of administering the event. But they'll probably get lost
in the move, so don't worry about it.
- The Official Am-Am!! website attempts to abbreviate last
names to help protect anonymity. Abbreviations are lighter and we've learned
that weight is money when you're moving.
- The Official Am-Am!! Webmaster does not often monitor IP
addresses, of those visiting the site. Make sure your IP address can be
directly accessed by the large moving van, 'cause that whole “shuttle
truck” fee will kill you! So will saying “shuttle truck
fee” five times quickly.
- The Official Am-Am!! website uses nifty, but insecure,
web forms for surveys and participant registration. This is technologically
impressive since our new house just got radio last week, and this whole web
thing is thought to be just a passing fad by our neighbors.
- The Official Am-Am!! website displays pictures of
participants, much like a sample ballot. We also tend to put humorous
captions on the pictures, again, much like a sample ballot. If you're
bothered, let the Official Am-Am!! Webmaster know and we'll dispose of it.
Carefully, of course, since we don't want to upset the septic
- The Official Am-Am!! website contains links to other sites
like this one.
If you make the leap, folks, you're on your own.
- These policies (like the Official Am-Am!! Officials'
address and telephone number) are subject to change.
Back to Am-Am!! Home